This photo was taken in 1911 inside a bar on Main Street in the building that is now the Pearl Theater.
The man behind the bar is Gil Longpre. The owners of the bar were Joe Malmus and Tony Habick, and it was called Joe & Tony’s Saloon. The two men dressed in suits and hats are Joe and Tony.
The Pearl Theater was started by John and Pearly Groy in the early 1950s. It is still owned by their son John Groy and his wife Barbara.
For more information on the heritage behind the history of Buena Vista, visit BuenaVistaHeritage.org