The excitement was brief, no danger was posed to students or staff after an unplanned visit by the fire department.

McGinnis Middle School was briefly evacuated Thursday morning, Oct. 3, due to smoke in the building’s electrical room, according to a text alert sent to school district families.

“No emergency existed,” the message reported. “The fire dept was dispatched, a fire rescue manager came and allowed us to return to the school buildings. Please know that all staff and students are safe and back in class.”

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.