The excitement was brief, no danger was posed to students or staff after an unplanned visit by the fire department.
McGinnis Middle School was briefly evacuated Thursday morning, Oct. 3, due to smoke in the building’s electrical room, according to a text alert sent to school district families.
“No emergency existed,” the message reported. “The fire dept was dispatched, a fire rescue manager came and allowed us to return to the school buildings. Please know that all staff and students are safe and back in class.”