BV town logo

Greetings once again from the Code Enforcement office. I wanted to take a minute of your time to discuss what licenses you might need to renew by the end of the year, as well as some licenses you may not be aware of.

As per usual if you are doing any business in the town you do need to get a business license from the Town of Buena Vista. This is a unique license to the town and not a license issued by the State of Colorado.

Some businesses are required by Town Code to obtain an additional license as well: If you have a Short-Term Rental (STR), if you do tree service work, transient vending or are a temporary vendor (food truck for example), you need to check with the town in order to ensure you are ready for 2020.

Did you also know if you have any farm animal on your property (roosters and swine are banned by code) you need to obtain a farm animal permit?

Some other items that might need licenses or permits that are not normally thought of are as follows: Fence, shed, demolition or if you want to put up any signage on your property check with us first so we can ensure compliance.

Thank you all for another great year. As always, if you have any questions about anything related to town, never hesitate to reach out to my office. I can be reached at 719-581-1024 or Have a great holiday season.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.